With several companies claiming to be the best, it is often difficult to choose a company for garage door installation. Boise homeowners must keep the following points in mind when choosing a garage door installation company:
- Ask your friends for recommendations of good garage door companies. Since everybody requires the service at some point, you are likely to get good advice.
- Get estimates from more than one business and ask thoroughly about total minimum charges (basic fee, travel, labor, parts, etc.) and also ask about warranties.
- Do not blindly believe advertisements or online listings. Always research and find out the exact reputation of the company.
- Talk to past customers and find out how satisfied they were with the service.
- Ask the company for references. A genuine company will happily provide you with a list of happy customers.
- Make sure the business has a published physical address and a proper office.
- Be wary of a company if it demands pre-payment. Never pay for an entire job in advance and avoid paying in cash whenever possible.
- In case of repair, be present while the work is being done. Some fraudulent companies have been known to purposefully break parts and then replace them.
- Before installation or repair, make sure you understand the agreement and the costs involved. Ask questions and don’t authorize work to be done until they clearly explain everything.
- A reputed company will never ask for full payment at first. Make sure the business is genuine before even paying a deposit.
Being a little careful about garage door installation, Boise homeowners can save hundreds of dollars. Always engage in thorough research before choosing a garage door service.